Running out of time and just realizing that I won’t have my laptop with me to post my Honor Roll the day of the ride. It has become my tradition to honor everyone when I do an event, and with 100 miles, well that is a lot of honoring, and I couldn’t be happier to do it. It’s my way of not only honoring the T1D families but those that have helped us get here.
Our cause is not always your cause and we are grateful for your support, your encouragement, and your endless generosity.
Here is the honor roll for Saturday’s ride, a bit premature, please excuse any typo’s and forgive me if I have forgotten someone, please let me know if I did and I’ll be sure to give them a special shout-out after the ride.
Friends and family have shared causes that are near and dear to their hearts, or the names of loved ones that they are missing and want to send a little extra love to on that day. With these extra miles, (it’s a big jump from 13.1 to 100 ;)) I was able to add a few special people myself, people that have inspired me to reach further and keep going.
Thank you for everything! I’ll be thinking of all of you Saturday and praying for some tailwinds!
It’s always better when we’re together…and I don’t go anywhere without you or a little bit of Jack.
A CURE FOR ALL
100 Miles- JRDF Ride Honor Roll, Aug. 17th, 2013
1. Logan Ricke, JDRF; Lou Bell – for taking the first step.
2. DMD, SBS, Another Mother Runner www.anothermotherrunner.com,
3. Judy, Cathy and Terri, three amazing sisters. http://ww5.komen.org/
4. Jack Bartosz, I Back Jack, http://www.ibackjack.org
5. Brylee, diagnosed with DIPG, an inoperable brain tumor, she is fighting to be in the 5% that survive 4 years, http://bryleein5.blogspot.com ; Sam Cartwright, sweet inside and out, diagnosed with T1D at the age of 18 months.
6. Gracie Joles, Gracie’s Room, http://www.graciesroom.org/
7. I Back Jack, The Detling-Bartosz Family – www.ibackjack.org; The Sorrows Family, in honor of all Military Families
8. Kaya, Aplastic Anemia & MDS International Foundation – www.aamds.org; The Sorrows Family, in honor of all Military Families; The Beauchaine Family
9. Leah F. Gray – Celebrating a new passion for running; Amy and Emma, mother-daughter T1D duo, advocates, publishers, and authors.
10. The Rogers Family; Seth and Tessie
11. A.H., St. Jude’s Hospital, http://www.stjude.org
12. A.K., J.S., Go Red for Women, https://www.goredforwomen.org/
13. Mary Lawless; Nancy Quinn; The King Family, Humor Heals the Heart, http://humorhealstheheart.org/
14. Missy Carlson, National Bicycle Saftey Network (NBSN) http://www.bicycling.org
16.Cynthia Vissers and family. Cynthia you are an inspiration!
17.Ashley, Make-A-Wish, http://www.wish.org
18. Janet; J.S., American Brain Tumor Association, http://www.abta.org/
19. Christine, IBC, http://www.theibcnetwork.org/
20. Cynthia Litman, www.mommaspearls.com
21. Kathleen Dollar; The Sorrows Family, in honor of American’s fallen soldiers; Dylan John Thorne
22. Carrie Pepe Vinson and Family, heart as big as Texas.
24. Jessica Williams
25. Pat Winger; The Smith Family
26. Sandy Hook Elementary, http://www.sandyhookpromise.org
27. Christine and Michael, A Cure for cancer.
28. Joe; C. Schuyler
29. Mount Mary University, Milwaukee, WI http://www.mtmary.edu/index.htm
30. The Prescott Firefighters, www.prescottffcharities.org; The DeCastro Family
31. M.M., Multiple Myloma, cancer free and celebrating 50 years of marriage! http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/multiple-myeloma/DS00415
32. Tia, http://www.alzfdn.org/
33. Claire Camden-Burch
34. Heart to Heart International, http://www.hearttoheart.org/
35. Underwood Moms, Wauwatosa, WI
36. National Foster Parent Association, http://www.hearttoheart.org/
37. Mary Hartzheim, The MTH Foundation, http://www.mthfoundation.org
38. Spread the Word to end the Word, http://www.r-word.org/
39. There With Care, http://therewithcare.org/
40. The Winger Family
41. Cara, Catie and Wendy, http://www.naset.org/
43. Doreen Behnke, S.S.C., and godmothers everywhere, our angels on earth.
44. Rick Ehrenberg, Deb Ehrenberg, and The Ehrenberg Family
45. Revolution Runners, Boulder, CO, http://www.revolution-running.com/
46. Heatherwood Moms, Boulder, CO
47. J. Schuster, http://www.navy.com
48. T. Hansen. http://ww5.komen.org/
49. Stop Bullying, http://www.stopbullying.gov/
51. St. Mary Star of the Sea, http://keywestcatholicparish.org/
52. Kathleen Frank, Integrative Solutions, LLC, http://www.kathleenfrank.com/
53. Wisconsin Lions Camp, http://www.wisconsinlionscamp.com/
54. Susan Williams
55. Claire Camden-Burch
56. Jody Swearingen, breast cancer, http://www.nationalbreastcancer.org
57. Pat, Diabetes Awareness
58. Janji, http://runjanji.com/
59. Zoe Ricke– The Colorado Pug Rescue, http://copugrescue.org/
60. The Kloiber Family, Phillipe Leka, West Side Harlequins, USA Rugby, http://rugbymilwaukee.com/
61. Janice, Epilepsy Foundation, http://www.epilepsyfoundation.org/
62. Rick Hoyt – Team Hoyt, http://www.teamhoyt.com/
63. Brandon, HONY, Humans of New York, http://www.humansofnewyork.com/
64. M.P., Aspergers Syndrome, http://www.autism-society.org/about-autism/aspergers-syndrome/
65. Robin S. Adams, for her commitment and passion in supporting both T1D families and Special Needs families.
66. L.D., Mothers Against Drunk Driving, http://www.madd.org
67. Sam, breast cancer, http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/breast-cancer/DS00328
68. The Hart Sisters
69. Leah F. Gray
70. Matthew and the Briggs Family
71. Friends in Iola and Scandinavia, WI
72. Tyler and the Wilson Family
73. The Zagar Family
74. Holy Hill, https://www.holyhill.com/
75. Madonna del Ghisallo, Patron Saint of Cyclists.
76. The Heaviland-Huber-Bishop-Sampredo crew.
77. The Hoyt Foundation, http://www.teamhoyt.com/
78. Mary, Pancreatic Cancer
79. Kathy, North American Butterfly Association, http://www.naba.org/
80. Kitty Wiedenhoeft
81. Friends and Family living a life with MS, http://multiplesclerosis.com
82. K.M., Epilepsy Foundation, http://www.epilepsyfoundation.org/
83. American Foundation for Suicide Prevention, http://www.afsp.org/
84. A.G.K, shining bright from the heavens and raising spirits in Guatemala, http://www.cancer.org
85. Lakeland Union High School Alum, Minocqua, WI (too many too list ;)) http://www.luhs.k12.wi.us/page/2714
86. The “Originals” from Krause Publications, Iola, WI
87. For Ya-Ya
88. Claire Camden-Burch
89. D-Families everywhere, stronger together, we’ll get this done and find a CURE!
90. Grampy Peter, http://www.cancer.org
91. James Hampton, shining bright from the heavens, diagnosed with a brain tumor, Thalamic Astrocytoma in 2012.
92. The Sorrows Family, in honor of all Military families
93. L.R., Kids against Bullying, http://www.pacerkidsagainstbullying.org
94. The Wiesman family.
95. Kathy Boyer, Team Hoyt
96. Tracy Quintanar, Girls on the Run of the Golden Isles.
97. Our Endo Team from the Children’s Hospital, Milwaukee, WI
98. Tony Memmel, The Lucky Fin Project, http://luckyfinproject.org
99. Miss Yvonne, love Logan and Zoe